What were my 5 favorite photography blogs of the year?
There are a million photography blogs out there, and it can be a daunting task to find the sites that are providing quality content on a regular basis. There are a few sites out there that are churning out great information about photography, and I find myself returning to them day in, and day out. So without any further delay, here are my 5 favorite photography blogs, and why I like them!
- Strobist - if off camera flash is something that you are into, then Dave Hobby’s strobist blog is the place for you. The Lighting 101 & Lighting 102 courses (Free by the way!) are THE place to learn how to light. From getting started to advanced techniques, he covers it all!
- Awake the Light - this blog is a collaboration between Mollie Isaacs and Mary Lindhjem, and crank out entertaining and insightful posts on a daily basis. They cover the gamut of Nature, Wildlife, Macro, Landscape and Portriat photography providing a little bit of something for everyone!
- HDR One - this online magazine is the new kid on the block, and the brainchild of Jimmy Mcintyre. This fast growing site has everything there is to know about HDR – tutorials for shooting, tone-mapping, and post processing of all kinds. You will find a steadly growing collection of user galleries and articles. If it relates to HDR photography, this site will have what you are looking for!
- Joe McNally- Joe is a legend in the photography world, and I think he has pretty much done it all – National Geographic, Life, Sports Illustrated, you name it. His blog posts cover many decades of experience, and no one tells a story like Joe does!
- Scott Kelby’s Photoshop Insider - there is no bigger name in the Photoshop world then Scott Kelby, and his blog covers everything that you can imagine. Tutorials, guest bloggers, give-aways!
Each of the 5 blogs that I have picked as a favorite are different in their own way. You will notice that I did not rank them 1-5, but simply listed them with bullets. Each is as good as the next and each fits into a different niche.
Click on the links and check them out. I bet that you will be glad that you did!
If you have any favorite photography blogs of your own add them to the list by making a comment! Thanks for sharing!